(2021) (Michael B. Jordan, Chante Adams) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A widow begins writing a journal for her son including about his late father who wrote his own words of wisdom to their son before his death.
It's 2007 and Dana Canedy (CHANTE ADAMS) is still grieving over the combat death of her husband, 1st Sergeant Charles Monroe King (MICHAEL B. JORDAN), in Iraq the year before. It's then that she dreams of him leaning in close and whispering about their infant son, "Tell him everything." As a result, she starts writing a journal for little Jordan, much as his father did for him before his untimely death.
It's not until Jordan (JALON CHRISTIAN) is a teenager that he really learns about his father, and during those intervening years, we see flashbacks to when Dana and Charles first met, fell in love, and then had to contend with his constant deployments overseas. Those moments and other material end up being the words of wisdom that the father leaves for his son.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Maybe some older teens, but that's likely it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sexual content, partial nudity, drug use and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.