(2020) (Kevin Bacon, Amanda Seyfried) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A couple and their young daughter rent a remote house in Wales, only to have it affect them in ways they didn't expect.
Theo Conroy (KEVIN BACON) is a retired banker with a checkered past whose second wife, Susanna (AMANDA SEYFRIED), is an actress. When her latest movie sex scene intensifies his suspicions about her fidelity, he suggests they get away with their 6-year-old daughter, Ella (AVERY ESSEX). They end up renting a sprawling modern house in a remote part of Wales and seem to love the place at first.
But as they begin to experience troubling nightmares, Theo comes to realize the house might be responsible, with its labyrinth design seemingly holding secrets while threatening to reveal ones belonging to him and Susanna. When things start to go haywire and there are encounters with a shadowy figure known as Stetler, Theo realizes he should have paid more attention to a cryptic message left in his journal stating that they should have left the house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror movies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be enticed to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some violence, disturbing images, sexual content and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.