(2020) (Emily Blunt, Jamie Dornan) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Quirky Romantic Drama: Upset that his father might sell the family farm to his American cousin since he's not married, a young Irish man tries to summon the bravery needed to tell his farming neighbor how he feels about her.
Rosemary Muldoon (EMILY BLUNT) and Anthony Reilly (JAMIE DORNAN) have known each other since they were kids growing up on adjoining farms in Ireland. Rosemary, who lives with her widowed mother, Aoife (DEARBHLA MOLLOY), clearly knows how she feels about Anthony but has just about run out of patience waiting for him to make a romantic move. As has Anthony's father, Tony (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN), who's so upset about his son's lack of action in that department that he's thinking of selling the family farm to his nephew, Adam Kelly (JON HAMM), who lives in New York, rather than allow Anthony to inherit it.
Contending with that development as well as the older local gossip, Cleary (BARRY McGOVERN), spreading rumors about him, Anthony must summon the courage to overcome his shyness and tell Rosemary how he feels, all before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast or of quirky romantic dramas, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements and suggestive comments.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.