(2020) (Emily Blunt, Jamie Dornan) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Quirky Romantic Drama: Upset that his father might sell the family farm to his American cousin since he's not married, a young Irish man tries to summon the bravery needed to tell his farming neighbor how he feels about her.
Rosemary Muldoon (EMILY BLUNT) and Anthony Reilly (JAMIE DORNAN) have known each other since they were kids growing up on adjoining farms in Ireland. Rosemary, who lives with her widowed mother, Aoife (DEARBHLA MOLLOY), clearly knows how she feels about Anthony but has just about run out of patience waiting for him to make a romantic move. As has Anthony's father, Tony (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN), who's so upset about his son's lack of action in that department that he's thinking of selling the family farm to his nephew, Adam Kelly (JON HAMM), who lives in New York, rather than allow Anthony to inherit it.
Contending with that development as well as the older local gossip, Cleary (BARRY McGOVERN), spreading rumors about him, Anthony must summon the courage to overcome his shyness and tell Rosemary how he feels, all before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast or of quirky romantic dramas, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements and suggestive comments.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.