(2020) (Devin France, Yashua Mack) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy/Drama: A girl and her brothers end up transported to an island where as long as they think and act like a child, they can stay that way forever.
Wendy (DEVIN FRANCE) is a girl growing up in the South where she and her brothers, Douglas (GAGE NAQUIN) and James (GAVIN NAQUIN), are being raised by their single waitress mom and likely seem destined to grow up in their small town with not much, if any chance of escaping and having a bright future. That, and her mother's confession that any childhood dreams she had of her own have since been replaced with simply wanting to take care of her kids doesn't sit well with Wendy.
And thus when a train passes by on the tracks right outside of her house and she spots the figure of a child running along the tops of the cars, she convinces her brothers to jump onto that with her. There, they meet the carefree and mischievous Peter (YASHUA MACK) who eventually transports them to a faraway tropical volcanic island where a small collection of kids -- including Thomas (KRZYSZTOF MEYN) who previously ran away from a similarly predetermined life facing Wendy and her brothers -- live and play without a care in the world.
Peter, who seems able to communicate with the volcano and surroundings that he's named "mother," tells the newcomers about the few rules of the land. One is to never step foot in the barren part of the island where an old man aimlessly roams about and another is to never stop acting and thinking like a child, lest one grow up. The kids are happy to oblige, but when an apparent tragedy causes those rules to be broken, the lives of the kids as well as their new childhood paradise come into danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The "Peter Pan" inspired story could be enticing to some, while the mostly kid-based cast could draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief violent/bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.