(2020) (Kristen Stewart, Vincent Cassel) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: Surviving members of a mostly destroyed undersea mining operation try to make their way to safety, but must contend with previously unknown deep-sea creatures hunting them down.
- Norah Price (KRISTEN STEWART) is an engineer working on the Kepler deep-sea mining operation located more than six miles down in the Mariana Trench of the Pacific Ocean. Without notice, an earthquake strikes, causing part of the station to implode. Just she and coworker Rodrigo Nagenda (MAMOUDOU ATHIE) survive that, but do manage to save another worker, Paul Abel (T.J. MILLER), while making their way through the wreckage. They eventually meet up with Captain Lucien (VINCENT CASSEL) and two other survivors -- Emily Haversham (JESSICA HENWICK) and Liam Smith (JOHN GALLAGHER JR.) -- only to learn all of the escape pods are gone.
With no other option, and fully understanding the dangers of what he's going to suggest, Lucien proposes that they travel down to a lower level, make their way through a long tunnel, and then walk the rest of the way across the seafloor to another underwater facility where they'll hopefully find enough escape pods to reach the surface. But as they begin their journey, they discover that they're not alone, as previously unknown deep-sea creatures begin to hunt them down.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The undersea monster angle might draw in some, while fans of Kristen Stewart or anyone else in the cast might also be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action and terror, and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.