(2020) (voices of Will Forte, Alessia Cara) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: Having the worst parents ever, four siblings attempt to get rid of them, but must deal with the consequences of that.
As the tale of their plight is narrated by the neighborhood cat (voice of RICKY GERVAIS), and despite coming from a long line of notable Willoughbys, kids Tim (voice of WILL FORTE), Jane (voice of ALESSIA CARA) and their young twin siblings both named Barnaby (voice of SEAN CULLEN), are seen as nothing but bothersome trouble by their self-absorbed parents (voices of MARTIN SHORT and JANE KRAKOWSKI) who want nothing to do with them.
Thus, when a baby -- who the kids end up naming Ruth -- is left at the front gate of their house, their father thinks it's their doing and banishes them until they get rid of the new child. Thankfully, Jane has an idea and that's to drop off Ruth at the immense candy factory run by Commander Melanoff (voice of TERRY CREWS).
Realizing that being orphans in their situation wouldn't be a bad thing, the kids conspire to orphan themselves by sending their parents on a whirlwind tour of the world where any number of places and scenarios could mean the end of them. The parents take the bait and leave, but not before hiring Linda, a nanny (voice of MAYA RUDOLPH), to watch over them, something that doesn't sit well with Tim.
When things go sideways after that, it's up to the kids to save the day in order to stay together.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many preteens probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and some thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.