(2020) (Oakes Fegley, Robert De Niro) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Upset that his parents are making him give up his bedroom to his grandfather who's moving in with them, a 12-year-old boy declares war on him to get it back.
12-year-old Peter Decker (OAKES FEGLEY) and his best friends, Steve (ISAAC KRAGTEN), Billy (JULIOCESAR CHAVEZ), and Emma (T.J. McGIBBON), find themselves at the bottom of the pecking order in school now that they've started sixth grade. Facing an eighth-grade bully, Peter -- who lives with his parents, Sally (UMA THURMAN) and Arthur (ROB RIGGLE), and sisters teenager Mia (LAURA MARANO) and preteen Jenny (POPPY GAGNON) -- soon finds himself facing a new nightmare.
And that's his widowed grandfather, Ed (ROBERT DE NIRO). With daughter Sally thinking he should no longer be living alone, she has him move in with them, forcing Peter up into the attic so that Ed can have his more easily accessible bedroom. While Peter loves his grandfather, he decides to declare war on him -- via an ever-escalating series of pranks and such -- in hopes of getting his room back. Initially amused by his grandson's actions, Ed soon follows the advice of his friends Jerry (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN) and Danny (CHEECH MARIN), to fight back.
Thus, when he's not finding himself growing attracted to electronics store employee Diane (JANE SEYMOUR) -- while Mia tries to covertly see classmate Russell (COLIN FORD) -- Ed decides to enter the war with his grandson with the only rules being they don't tell anyone else and there's no collateral damage to others.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With a kid as a protagonist and a premise that might sound funny to them, some kids might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor, language, and some thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.