(2020) (Mackenzie Davis, Brooklyn Prince) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: After taking a job as a live-in governess for two orphaned kids, a young woman begins to sense that the massive estate they call home might be haunted.
- It's 1994 and Kate (MACKENZIE DAVIS) is a young woman who's decided to take a job as a live-in governess for a 7-year-old girl, Flora (BROOKLYNN PRINCE), whose parents died in a car crash. Arriving at the massive estate, Kate meets Mrs. Grose (BARBARA MARTEN), the housekeeper and cook who's served the ultra-wealthy family for decades.
After meeting and instantly bonding with Flora, Kate is surprised to meet her older brother, Miles (FINN WOLFHARD), who's supposed to be off at boarding school but has now returned home.
Like Flora, he has no friends, what with his only one being estate caretaker Quint (NIALL GREIG FULTON), who died sometime in the past. As Kate gets to know the kids better and learns her way around the sprawling manor, she begins experiencing weird little things that increasingly have supernatural tinges to them.
As that progresses, and vowing to keep her promise to Flora not to leave like others have done in the past, Kate tries to maintain her sanity as the spooky stuff starts to intensify in the home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into haunted house type horror films, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, disturbing images, brief strong language and some suggestive content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.