(2020) (Mackenzie Davis, Brooklyn Prince) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: After taking a job as a live-in governess for two orphaned kids, a young woman begins to sense that the massive estate they call home might be haunted.
- It's 1994 and Kate (MACKENZIE DAVIS) is a young woman who's decided to take a job as a live-in governess for a 7-year-old girl, Flora (BROOKLYNN PRINCE), whose parents died in a car crash. Arriving at the massive estate, Kate meets Mrs. Grose (BARBARA MARTEN), the housekeeper and cook who's served the ultra-wealthy family for decades.
After meeting and instantly bonding with Flora, Kate is surprised to meet her older brother, Miles (FINN WOLFHARD), who's supposed to be off at boarding school but has now returned home.
Like Flora, he has no friends, what with his only one being estate caretaker Quint (NIALL GREIG FULTON), who died sometime in the past. As Kate gets to know the kids better and learns her way around the sprawling manor, she begins experiencing weird little things that increasingly have supernatural tinges to them.
As that progresses, and vowing to keep her promise to Flora not to leave like others have done in the past, Kate tries to maintain her sanity as the spooky stuff starts to intensify in the home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into haunted house type horror films, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, disturbing images, brief strong language and some suggestive content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.