<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Dan Stevens, Sheila Vand) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Horror: Two couples rent a seaside house together, only to have their idyllic getaway turn into a nightmare.
With Charlie (DAN STEVENS) and his business partner Mina (SHEILA VAND) hitting a major milestone with their company, they've decided a weekend getaway to a seaside rental house is in order for them and their significant others. For Charlie, that's his wife, Michelle (ALISON BRIE), while Mina's boyfriend just so happens to be Charlie's brother, Josh (JEREMY ALLEN WHITE).
When they arrive, they're blown away by the views, but get creepy and racist vibes from the caretaker of the place, Taylor (TOBY HUSS). Once he leaves, however, they unwind and relax, leading to an unexpected rendezvous. That and the discovery of spy cameras inside the house turn what should have been an idyllic getaway into a nightmare for the four.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens into suspense/horror films might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, language throughout, drug use and some sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.