(2020) (LaKeith Stanfield, Issa Rae) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A reporter ends up dating a woman whose mother ended her own similar romance decades ago by moving away from it, something the reporter might end up doing as well.
Michael Block (LaKEITH STANFIELD) is an investigative reporter from New York who's working on a story in Louisiana where he's interviewing an older man, Isaac Jefferson (ROB MORGAN), about his long lost love from decades ago, Christina Eames (CHANTE ADAMS), who ended their romance when she moved to New York to pursue a career in photography. Returning to the Big Apple, Mike meets her daughter, Mae Morton (ISSA RAE), who's recently found two letters from her mom who's recently passed away. One is for Mae and the other is for Isaac.
With his work intern friend Andy Morrison (KELVIN HARRISON JR.) in tow, Michael ends up on an impromptu double date of sorts with Mae and her friend Rachel Miller (JASMINE CEPHAS JONES) and both would-be couples hit it off. Michael's brother, Kyle (LIL REL HOWERY), later gives him a joking hard time about that, but Michael doesn't really care as he's completely smitten with Mae. A pending job offer far from home, however, might complicate matters, much like it did for Christina when she was seeing young Isaac (Y'LAN NOEL).
As the stories from the past and present alternate, it's uncertain whether the current romance will work or end up like the one from the past.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be drawn to the romance angle, as might fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexuality and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.