(2020) (Caleb Landry Jones, Scott Eastwood) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: American troops try to defend a remote and poorly located outpost from repeated Taliban attacks in Afghanistan.
It's 2009 and deep in the valley of three mountains in Afghanistan's Nuristan Province near the town of Kamdesh lies Combat Outpost Keating, a U.S. military base located there as part of America's counterinsurgency strategy during the War in Afghanistan.
The commander there is First Lt Benjamin Keating (ORLANDO BLOOM) who believes that the success of their mission -- not to mention their own safety - lies in having good relations with the local elders in helping them against Taliban-backed forces.
But Keating and those serving under him, including Staff Sergeant Clint Romesha (SCOTT EASTWOOD), First Lt Andrew Bundermann (TAYLOR JOHN SMITH), Staff Sgt Ty Carter (CALEB LANDRY JONES), and various others, must contend with routine random attacks from the steep hills above the base. With mortars being the only thing that fends off such attacks, the soldiers realize they're sitting ducks, with word that the military is planning on shutting down the base.
Before that can happen, however, and following a revolving door of commanding officers, the Taliban mounts a coordinated attack involving hundreds of fighters. With no support from the outside and dwindling supplies, the soldiers try to fend off the attackers and hold the fort.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into movies about the U.S. military and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For war violence and grisly images, pervasive language, and sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.