(2020) (Jude Law, Carrie Coon) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An always hustling commodities trader puts a strain on his family when he moves them from New York to London and tries to impress them and others by living way beyond their means.
It's the 1980s and Rory O'Hara (JUDE LAW) is a successful commodities trader who sees greater financial opportunity in London than in the States and thus decides to move his equestrian trainer wife, Allison (CARRIE COON), and their two kids -- teenager Sam (OONA ROCHE) and her 10-year-old brother, Ben (CHARLIE SHOTWELL) -- across the pond. There, he's returning to work for firm owner Arthur Davis (MICHAEL CULKIN) but with more sway than before and immediately begins spending like that.
Not only does he pay rent for an immense mansion in the countryside, but he also gets his kids into the best schools money can buy and even has his wife's prized horse shipped from America to them. But it soon becomes apparent that he's having them live way beyond their means, something that begins to put a strain on his marriage and thus affects their kids as well.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those thinking this is a (supernaturally-based) horror film might be interested (but will likely be disappointed that it's not).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some sexuality, nudity and teen partying.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.