(2020) (Issa Rae, Kumail Nanjiani) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After witnessing a murder moments after realizing their romantic relationship is over, a couple tries to find the killer to avoid being charged with the crime.
Leilani (ISSA RAE) and Jibran (KUMAIL NANJIANI) have been dating for four years, but have just realized that the culmination of irritating behavior and differences of opinion means their relationship is over. A moment after figuring that out on their way to a party, a bicyclist darts into the path of their car and they accidentally strike him. But the blow from that doesn't kill him. Instead, that comes from an unnamed cop -- who they end up nicknaming Moustache (PAUL SPARKS) -- who commandeers their car and drives over the bicyclist several times. He nearly kills them too, but the sound of nearby police cars sends him running away.
When another couple sees Leilani and Jibran near the body, they assume that those two killed the man. Realizing no one would believe their story, Jibran and Leilani flee the scene and then understand that they must find the real killer in order to clear their names. With only the late bicyclist's cell phone that's now in their possession, they eventually meet a Congressman's wife, Edie (ANNA CAMP), hoping for answers. But like everything else that night, that meeting quickly goes sideways and Leilani and Jibran barely escape with their lives. While avoiding the police and the killer, they follow the scant clues they uncover in hopes of proving their innocence.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens might, especially if they're fans of either of the leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, language throughout and some violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.