(2020) (Riley Keough, Jaeden Martell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following their mother's suicide, two siblings find themselves snowed in at a remote home with their father's new girlfriend who they don't like.
It's been six months since their mom, Laura Hall (ALICIA SILVERSTONE), committed suicide and her kids, Aiden (JAEDEN MARTELL) and Mia (LIA McHUGH), still really haven't forgiven their father, Richard (RICHARD ARMITAGE). After all, his announcement to Laura that he wanted their divorce finalized so that he could propose to his new girlfriend, Grace Marshall (RILEY KEOUGH), is what pushed their mother over the edge.
Now that time has passed, Richard proposes that they have Grace join them for a Christmas vacation at their remote house, something that doesn't sit well with Aiden and Mia. That not only stems from the tragedy, but also that Grace was the lone survivor of a cult-based mass suicide in the past led by her father, and the kids don't feel safe around her. Nonetheless, Richard wins out, but once they get to the nearly snowed-in house, he's called away for work, with Grace assuring him she'll be fine with the kids.
But once Richard has left and heavy snows set in, strange things start happening in the house that bring back memories of her fateful last day in the cult while also making her question her sanity and existence.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're really into horror films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violence, some bloody images, language and brief nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.