(2020) (Sophia Loren, Ibrahima Gueye) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An eighty-something former hooker ends up caring for a 12-year-old orphan who earlier robbed her.
Rosa (SOPHIA LOREN) is an eighty-something Holocaust survivor and former hooker of many decades who now cares for the kids of working hookers, such as young Babu (SIMONE SURICO) who belongs to her downstairs trans neighbor, Lola (ABRIL ZAMORA), and older Iosif (IOSIF DIEGO PIRVU) whose mother has apparently abandoned him.
Her newest charge is 12-year-old Momo (IBRAHIMA GUEYE) who came from Senegal to Italy when he was young and then ended up orphaned and under the guardian care of Rosa's physician, Dr. Coen (RENATO CARPENTIERI). He isn't comfortable in that role and asks if Rosa can care for Momo, something that doesn't sit well with her what with the boy having previously robbed her. Nevertheless and agreeing to do so for a short-term paid period, she reluctantly agrees and she and Momo initially clash.
Unaware that the boy is dealing drugs for Ruspa (MASSIMILIANO ROSSI), Rosa arranges a job for Momo working for merchant Mr. Hamil (BABAK KARIMI) who tries to instill some wisdom into the boy. With Momo warming to both Iosif and Rosa, who occasionally has bouts of PTSD from her time in Auschwitz, the boy ends up caring for the older woman as much as she does for him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably not, but several of the main characters are kids, so it's always possible that could be a draw for some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content, drug material involving minors, some sexual material and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.