(2020) (Pete Davidson, Marisa Tomei) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: An aimless young man finds his unemployed, live-at-home life disrupted when his long-widowed mom begins dating a firefighter.
Scott Carlin (PETE DAVIDSON) is a 24-year-old man who still lives at home with his long-widowed mother, Marge (MARISA TOMEI), and teenage sister, Claire (MAUDE APATOW), who's about to head off to college. Still traumatized by the death of his firefighter father seventeen years ago, Scott doesn't have a job -- but is hoping to land an apprenticeship at a local tattoo parlor -- and spends most of his time getting high with his friends -- Oscar (RICKY VELEZ), Richie (LOU WILSON), and Igor (MOISES ARIAS) -- when not sleeping with but not committing to his "friend with benefits" Kelsey (BEL BOWLEY).
One day, while hanging with his friends, nine-year-old Harold (LUKE DAVID BLUMM) shows up, says he wants a tattoo, and then screams in pain and runs away when Scott starts on his arm. That draws his divorced father, Ray Bishop (BILL BURR), to Marge's house in anger, but that initially antagonistic meeting quickly segues into romance, much to Scott's shock and disgust. And that's not only due to the hostile way they met, but also the fact that Ray is a firefighter at the local firehouse commanded by Papa (STEVE BUSCEMI).
Things go from bad to worse for Scott when Ray gets him to escort Harold and his younger sister, Kelly (ALEXIS RAE FORLENZA), back and forth to their separate schools each day, something that initially worries Ray's ex, Gina (PAMELA ADLON), but since both she and Scott hate Ray, she figures the young man can't be that bad. With Ray and Marge's romance deepening, and despite his new responsibilities, Scott sets out to ruin the relationship leading to unexpected developments and the chance for him to grow as a man.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might, especially if they're fans of Pete Davidson.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and drug use throughout, sexual content and some violence/bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.