(2020) (Elisabeth Moss, Aldis Hodge) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman tries to escape from her abusive tech-mogul boyfriend, only to discover he's haunting her as an invisible man.
Cecilia Kass (ELISABETH MOSS) has had enough of her abusive and uber-controlling optics-tech mogul boyfriend, Adrian Griffin (OLIVER JACKSON-COHEN), and thus drugs him, sneaks out in the middle of the night, and gets a ride to safety from her sister, Emily (HARRIET DYER). She ends up staying with her longtime cop friend, James Lanier (ALDIS HODGE), a single dad to teenager Sydney (STORM REID).
Suffering from PTSD and worrying that Adrian will somehow find her, Cecilia is relieved when she learns that he committed suicide. Not only that, but she also learns from his brother, Tom (MICHAEL DORMAN), that Adrian left her $5 million in his will to be paid in large monthly installments. Even so, he got so deep into her head that she can't shake him, and thus occasionally has sensations that he's still around.
And that only gets worse when she begins to experience weird physical things that not only make her question her sanity, but also whether he might still be alive and using some sort of invention to make him invisible to the naked eye. As that progressively gets worse, everyone close to Cecilia think she might be losing it, all while she tries to prove that Adrian is somehow haunting her as an invisible man.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into horror movies probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some strong bloody violence, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.