(2020) (Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The personal assistant to a demanding diva-singer hopes to produce a young talent she's discovered.
For the past three years, Maggie Sherwoode (DAKOTA JOHNSON) has worked as the personal assistant to Grace Davis (TRACEE ELLIS ROSS), an eleven-time Grammy-winning singer who's known worldwide, but hasn't had a new record in the past decade. While Maggie tends to Grace's personal needs and house manager Gail (JUNE DIANE RAPHAEL) handles her property, Grace's long-time music manager, Jack Robertson (ICE CUBE), wants her to sign on for a residency in Vegas and thus make "easy" cash without having to tour around the world.
A wannabe producer, Maggie -- who lives with her roommate, Katie (ZOE CHAO) -- would love to help Grace put out a new album but has to settle on singer-songwriter David Cliff (KELVIN HARRISON, JR.) who she meets by chance one day. Not telling him who she works for or that she's brand new at being a producer, Maggie convinces David to work with her cutting an album. But as she tries to do that in her off-time, that and a budding relationship with David mean that her job working for Grace might be up in the air.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're interested in the music biz or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language, and suggestive references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.