(2020) (Dakota Johnson, Tracee Ellis Ross) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The personal assistant to a demanding diva-singer hopes to produce a young talent she's discovered.
For the past three years, Maggie Sherwoode (DAKOTA JOHNSON) has worked as the personal assistant to Grace Davis (TRACEE ELLIS ROSS), an eleven-time Grammy-winning singer who's known worldwide, but hasn't had a new record in the past decade. While Maggie tends to Grace's personal needs and house manager Gail (JUNE DIANE RAPHAEL) handles her property, Grace's long-time music manager, Jack Robertson (ICE CUBE), wants her to sign on for a residency in Vegas and thus make "easy" cash without having to tour around the world.
A wannabe producer, Maggie -- who lives with her roommate, Katie (ZOE CHAO) -- would love to help Grace put out a new album but has to settle on singer-songwriter David Cliff (KELVIN HARRISON, JR.) who she meets by chance one day. Not telling him who she works for or that she's brand new at being a producer, Maggie convinces David to work with her cutting an album. But as she tries to do that in her off-time, that and a budding relationship with David mean that her job working for Grace might be up in the air.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're interested in the music biz or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language, and suggestive references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.