(2020) (Leah Lewis, Daniel Diemer) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Dramedy: A book smart senior agrees to write love letters and more for a high school jock to the girl of his dreams, all while having a crush on their classmate herself.
In the railroad town of Squahamish, Ellie Chu (LEAH LEWIS) is a high school senior who lives with her widowed dad, Edwin (COLLIN CHOU), and makes money on the side writing papers for other students. That skill has brought her to the attention of classmate Paul Munksy (DANIEL DIEMER) who plays on the football team when not working in his family's sausage business. He's not good with words, and knowing that Ellie is, he wants to pay her to write a love letter to their classmate, Aster Flores (ALEXXIS LEMIRE). She's the daughter of the local preacher and is dating school jock Trig Carson (WOLFGANG NOVOGRATZ), although not happily.
Needing money to pay the electric bill, Ellie reluctantly agrees to pen the letter, all while secretly longing for Aster herself. But she only lets on about that through her subsequent letters and text messages where she pretends to be Paul who she then tries to teach to be as witty and deep in person as her writing makes him appear to be. As that continues, Ellie finds herself torn about continuing the ruse.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Being a romantic comedy featuring teens, it will probably appeal to a certain number of similarly-aged viewers.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief language and teen drinking.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.