(2020) (voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy/Drama/Action: An overly protective prehistoric caveman tries to keep his family together in the face of teenage young love and the influence of more sophisticated outsiders they've suddenly met.
Having survived the perils that faced them in "The Croods," overly protective Grug (voice of NICOLAS CAGE) is simply trying to keep his prehistoric family pack -- wife, Ugga (voice of CATHERINE KEENER), her feisty mother, Gran (voice of CLORIS LEACHMAN), teenager Eep (voice of EMMA STONE), her younger brother Thunk (voice of CLARK DUKE), and their toddler sibling Sandy (voice of KAILEY CRAWFORD) -- together as long as he can. But the teen, Guy (voice of RYAN REYNOLDS), who's since joined them, is feeling a bit hemmed in, although he's romantically fallen for Eep and vice-versa. All of which worries Grug that they'll soon be setting off on their own to start their own pack.
His concerns end up temporarily put aside when he stumbles across a walled paradise filled with more than enough food to last them a lifetime. Little does he initially know that it belongs to far more sophisticated outsiders -- Phil (voice of PETER DINKLAGE) and Hope Betterman (voice of LESLIE MANN) -- who knew Guy as a child when he was best friends with their now teenage daughter, Dawn (voice of KELLY MARIE TRAN). Phil and Hope are repulsed by the crudeness of the Croods, but welcome Guy back with open arms and the hope that they can get him to stay for Dawn while getting the more primitive family to leave.
With Grug and Phil clashing, and Eep showing Dawn the outside world for the first time, it's unclear what and who Guy will choose, all while both sets of families must contend with a huge pack of punch monkeys and a much bigger menace lurking outside the high, protective walls.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first film, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For peril, action, and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.