(2020) (Harrison Ford, Dan Stevens) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Various people impact the life of a sled dog during the Yukon gold rush of the late 19th century.
It's the era of the Yukon gold rush of the late 19th century and with powerful dogs that can pull sleds being at a premium, a large canine named Buck ends up stolen from his California home and shipped north. He ultimately ends up as part of the sled team owned by Perrault (OMAR SY) and Françoise (CARA GEE) who deliver mail to the remote and snowy environs of Canada's mostly untamed wilderness.
There are a lot of prospectors in that area, but John Thornton (HARRISON FORD) isn't one of them. With his marriage having failed following the death of his son, John is interested only in living a life of solitude, although he enjoys his brief encounters with Buck. The two are reunited when the mail delivery route is shut down and the dog sled team is purchased by Hal (DAN STEVENS), a mean prospector who doesn't take kindly to John offering advice or stepping in to protect the dog from abuse.
When Hal has had enough of the dog, Buck becomes John's companion as they set out further into the wilderness. But with Hal wanting revenge on John and Buck hearing the call of the wild as related to a pack of wolves he encounters, it's uncertain whether John and Buck's bond will persevere.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into movies about dogs will likely be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some violence, peril, thematic elements and mild language
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.