<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Geraldine Viswanathan, Dacre Montgomery) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: With the help of a man she's just met, a twenty-something woman opens an art gallery that features broken relationship memorabilia.
Lucy Gulliver (GERALDINE VISWANATHAN) is a twenty-something art gallery assistant who lives in Brooklyn with her best friends, Amanda (MOLLY GORDON) -- who's dating Jeff (NATHAN DALES) -- and Nadine (PHILLIPA SOO) who seems to be addicted to sleeping with and then breaking up with her many lesbian lovers.
Lucy is dating 35-year-old Max (UTKARSH AMBUDKAR) who runs an art gallery owned by Eva Wolf (BERNADETTE PETERS) and she finally seems happy in her life. Perhaps so much so that maybe she won't need to add to her extensive collection of "memorabilia" she's kept from all of her past romantic relationships.
But then Max's ex-girlfriend reenters the picture and flirts with him at a gallery reception where not only does Lucy lose him, but also her job due to her public behavior. She ends up getting in a car owned by Nick (DACRE MONTGOMERY), mistakenly believing him to be her ride-sharing driver. Despite that not being his job -- he's working on opening a chic hotel with help from his friend Marcos (ARTURO CASTRO) and others -- he decides to give her a ride home.
They later end up meeting again and upon seeing his under construction hotel walls she decides to hang up Max's tie there, labeling it The Broken Hearts Gallery. Soon, word gets out about the unique spot and others contribute items they've kept from failed or fateful relationships. As that happens, Lucy and Nick end up growing closer.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens and older pre-teens who are fans of romantic comedies might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content throughout and some crude references, strong language and drug references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.