(2020) (Colin Firth, Stanley Tucci) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two men find their longstanding romantic relationship tested by one's progressively worsening dementia and his desire to live and die on his own terms.
British pianist Sam (COLIN FIRTH) and American author Tusker (STANLEY TUCCI) have been a couple for years, enjoying both success and a solid relationship while living in England. They've recently set out on a road trip in an RV to see their old haunts from long ago as well as visit family and friends. They're doing so mostly because Tusker is going through the early stages of dementia and he wants to see those places and people while he still recognizes what and who they are.
That condition isn't sitting well with Sam whose world is rocked even more when he learns of Tusker's covert plan that he was going to enact during their trip. With both contending with the disease, they try to come to an agreement about how best to proceed, knowing full well that any choice isn't going to be easy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of either of the two leads, it doesn't seem likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.