(2020) (Melissa McCarthy, James Corden) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A woman is forced to try to rekindle a romance with her ex-boyfriend by AI programming that's become sentient and will determine humankind's future based on studying her.
At one point, Carol Peters (MELISSA McCARTHY) was a rising star in the online world, but then her relationship with her boyfriend, George Churchill (BOBBY CANNAVALE), ended and now she's been drifting from one non-profit job to another. Her programmer friend, Dennis Caruso (BRIAN TYREE HENRY), tries to help her by getting her job interviews with start-ups, but none of that has worked out. Her life changes, however, when some AI programming becomes sentient, names itself Super Intelligence, and decides to use Carol as its litmus test about humans.
Presenting itself to her via any connected electronic devices as the voice and occasional video image of James Corden (JAMES CORDEN), Super Intelligence informs Carol that based on its study of her, it will either save mankind, enslave humanity to save it from itself, or destroy all of humankind to start over.
Carol is surprised even more when she learns that Super Intelligence will base his decision on trying to get Carol and George back together as a couple. From that point on, and after confiding in Dennis who goes to the Feds to inform them, she follows Super Intelligence's orders and has her feelings for George rekindled despite him leaving for a new job in Ireland in just a few days.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some suggestive material, language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.