(2020) (James Marsden, Jim Carrey) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action/Comedy: The sheriff of a small town ends up protecting and befriending an anthropomorphic, alien hedgehog from a ruthless, high-tech government hired gun who wants to get his hands on the creature.
Sonic the Hedgehog (voice of BEN SCHWARTZ) is an anthropomorphic, alien hedgehog sent to Earth a decade ago by his mentor to keep him safe. Incredibly fast and possessing a number of portal rings that can get him out of harm's way by creating escape routes to other worlds if needed, he's followed his mentor's advice about remaining hidden from sight. And he's managed to do that in the small town of Green Hills, Montana where he's only partially been spotted by one resident who everyone else thinks is a crazy old man.
With no friends, Sonic has taken to observing the life of Green Hills' sheriff, Tom Wachowski (JAMES MARSDEN), and that man's wife, veterinarian Maddie (TIKA SUMPTER). While they have many friends in the town, they're planning to move to San Francisco so that Tom can become a member of a bigger police department. But that all changes when in a moment of self-pity, Sonic runs so fast that an electrical discharge knocks out power for miles and even affects a satellite in space.
All of which draws the interest of Pentagon brass who realize they have no other choice than to call in high-tech wizard Dr. Ivo Robotnik (JIM CARREY) to figure out who or what is responsible. With Sonic taking refuge in Tom's house, the sheriff suddenly finds himself at odds with the misanthropic Robotnik who favors machines over humans and is determined to get his hands on the speedy little hedgehog.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The colorful title character might draw in younger kids, while those who are fans of the video game and/or anyone in the cast might also have interest in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action, some violence, rude humor and brief mild language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.