<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Peyton Elizabeth Lee, Niles Fitch) (Not Rated)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A rebellious 15-year-old princess learns she has superhero type powers and is invited to join a secret society of other second-born royals tasked with protecting monarchies around the world.
Sam (PEYTON ELIZABETH LEE) is the 15-year-old princess of Europe's smallest country, Illyria. Raised by her mother, Queen Catherine (ELODIE YUNG), since she was five when a plane crash killed her father, the king, and uncle, Sam has grown up to be a rebel. That's especially true now that her older sister, Eleanor (ASHLEY LIAO), is about to turn eighteen and become the new queen. After another round of misbehaving, Sam learns from her mom that she's going to be sent to summer school and thus won't be able to continue making music with her best friend, Mike (NOAH LOMAX), whose dad is the royal gardener.
Upset about that, Sam initially wants nothing to do with her small group of classmates. They include Princess January (ISABELLA BLAKE THOMAS) who's there for extra credit; Princess Roxana (OLIVIA DEEBLE), who only cares about her large social media following; Prince Tuma (NILES FITCH) who accidentally burned down a chemistry lab with his friends; and the wallflower Prince Matteo (FALY RAKOTOHAVANA) whose parents think might benefit from finally interacting with other students.
Their teacher is James Morrow (SKYLAR ASTIN) who shocks all of them with news that due to the supernatural powers they're only now starting to recognize they're eligible to join the "Secret Society of Second-Born Royals." It's an organization tasked with defending the various monarchies and related royals around the world from the likes of Inmate 34 (GREG BRYK), a dangerous telepath who's been locked away for a decade. They also learn -- and Sam is shocked by -- that Queen Catherine is the leader of the secret society, and that like this younger generation, she too is a second-born royal who possesses super abilities.
As the students begin their training to see which of them will be allowed to join the society, little do anything of them know that Inmate 34 has escaped and is planning to get revenge on the various royals who will be gathering for Princess Eleanor's upcoming coronation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- As it involves teen superheroes and royalty, those interested in either or both elements might be intrigued by the offering.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- Not Rated but the equivalent of a PG rating due to action-based violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.