(2020) (Rosamund Pike, Sam Riley) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A female scientist of the late 19th century discovers two new elements, comes up with the theory of radioactivity, and must contend with the fallout of that and other moments of life.
It's 1893 and Marie Sklodowska (ROSAMUND PIKE) is a Polish scientist living and working in Paris, but not getting any respect from her male colleagues. In need of a stable place to conduct her experiments, she agrees to a business arrangement with fellow scientist Pierre Curie (SAM RILEY) who runs a lab populated by several other scientists, including Paul Langevin (ANEURIN BARNARD).
Combining their work, Marie comes up with the theory of radioactivity while discovering two new elements, polonium and radium, and the two scientists develop chemistry for one another, marry and have kids. But their continued exposure to radiation along with a family tragedy and a later public scandal threaten to undermine Marie's work and her legacy of future breakthroughs based on that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're interested in the true-life woman and story or are fans of anyone in the cast, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, disturbing images, brief nudity and a scene of sensuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.