(2020) (Carey Mulligan, Bo Burnham) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A woman sets out to put men who assault intoxicated women in their place, including those who attacked and didn't believe her classmate and lifelong friend several years ago.
Cassandra "Cassie" Thomas (CAREY MULLIGAN) is a 30-year-old woman who lives with her parents, Stanley (CLANCY BROWN) and Susan (JENNIFER COOLIDGE). Once a promising med school student, she dropped out after something happened to her classmate and childhood friend, Nina Fisher, and now works in a coffee shop for Gail (LAVERNE COX).
Unbeknownst to any of them, Cassie spends many evenings picking up men in bars while pretending to be drunk and then putting them in their place once they're exposed for trying to take advantage of drunk women. Not surprisingly, her view of men isn't great, and she's initially suspicious of a former classmate, pediatric surgeon Ryan Cooper (BO BURNHAM), when he happens to stop by the coffee shop. But while she lets her guard down enough to start falling for him -- and vice versa -- his presence and then comments about some other former classmates of theirs spurs on a need for her to avenge what happened to her friend.
And thus, she sets out to meet -- under false pretenses -- former classmate Madison McPhee (ALISON BRIE) and Dean Elizabeth Walker (CONNIE BRITTON) -- neither of whom believed Nina's allegations about being raped while drunk by Alexander "Al" Monroe (CHRIS LOWELL) who's now a doctor and about to get married soon with Joe (MAX GREENFIELD) as his best man. And then there's Jordan (ALFRED MOLINA), the lawyer who got the charges against Al dropped.
As Cassie puts her plan into motion, her actions could potentially jeopardize her budding relationship with Ryan who's still unaware of what she's been doing and is now plotting.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence including sexual assault, language throughout, some sexual material and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.