(2020) (Jamie Foxx, Joseph Gordon-Levitt) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Two men separately try to find the source of a new synthetic drug that gives users superpowers that last five minutes at a time.
Robin (DOMINIQUE FISHBACK) is a teenager growing up in New Orleans who's quite gifted at rapping. She's also a dealer on the streets trying to make money to pay for her sick mom's medical expenses. But the drug she's peddling is new and it's one that gives its users superpowers that vary from person to person, although all last just five minutes.
Realizing he needs to use those to even the playing field with criminals on the same, local cop Frank (JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT) buys and uses the product from Robin while trying to find the main source of the drug. That turns out to be a man named Biggie (RODRIGO SANTORO) who's hoping to move from local sales to international, deep-pocketed buyers.
Also searching for that source is Art (JAMIE FOXX), a former soldier who was experimented on with the drug, all of which resulted in his daughter being born with such powers. Now that she's been kidnapped by forces that want to extract her biochemistry and synthesize that to make such superpowers permanent for users, he's trying to find out who's behind all of that so that he can rescue his daughter. With his path colliding with that of Frank and Robin, they end up teaming up to find the girl and stop the various villains.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With A-list actors and a superpower plotline, it's a good bet many older preteens and overall teenagers might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, bloody images, drug content and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.