(2020) (Lesley Manville, Liam Neeson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A retired couple must contend with the wife's breast cancer diagnosis.
Tom (LIAM NEESON) and Joan (LESLEY MANVILLE) are a retired couple in Ireland trying to get into better shape in their later years by exercising and eating better. Their lives are suddenly upended when Joan finds a lump in her breast and the diagnosis eventually confirms that she indeed has breast cancer.
With Tom trying to be as supportive as possible but also worried about losing his wife after having lost their daughter, Joan begins going through the medical process of the initial surgery, chemo and then a double mastectomy, with all of that progressively taking a toll on her endurance and will to continue.
It's something she can commiserate with their daughter's former teacher, Peter (DAVID WILMOT), who's also undergoing treatment for cancer, something his partner, Steve (AMIT SHAH), has a hard time enduring for similarly be fearful of losing him. As the treatment continues, Joan and Tom's marriage finds itself severely tested at times.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of either of the two leads, it doesn't seem likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief sexuality/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.