(2020) (voices of Tom Holland, Chris Pratt) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Fantasy/Adventure: Having used magic to bring back only the lower half of their late father, two elf brothers set off on a quest to retrieve the rest of him, but only have twenty-four hours to do so before he disappears forever.
In a fantastical world where magic once existed but has since been replaced by modern technological conveniences enjoyed by a variety of mythical beings, Ian Lightfoot (voice of TOM HOLLAND) is an elf who's just turned sixteen, but has yet to find his place in the grand scheme of things. Part of his wallflower nature stems from the fact that he never met his dad -- who died before he was born -- and thus only has a brief tape recording of him to use as a basis for made-up conversations. His slightly older brother, Barley (voice of CHRIS PRATT), isn't lacking in confidence, but isn't motivated outside of fantasy games and such.
Things change, however, when their mom, Laurel (voice of JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS) -- who's now dating centaur cop Colt Bronco (voice of MEL RODRIGUEZ) -- gives her boys a gift left for them by their dad now that they've reached a certain age. And it's a magic staff powered by a phoenix gem at the end. Barley can't get it work, but Ian does, hoping a certain magic spell will bring their father back to life. It does, sort of, but the spell is interrupted, resulting in just their dad's lower half -- hips down -- showing up.
Realizing they only have twenty-four hours before the spell stops working, the brothers set off on a quest to find the legendary half-lion, half-scorpion Manticore (voice of OCTAVIA SPENCER) -- who's now resigned to working under the name of Corey in a mythical themed family restaurant -- who might be able to tell them where to find another phoenix gem to bring back the rest of their father before time runs out.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a Pixar movie, so they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action/peril and some mild thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.