(2020) (Frances McDormand, David Strathairn) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Following the death of her husband and the abandonment of their one-company town, a woman decides to become a nomad and travels around part of the country in her old van.
It's 2011 and the gypsum plant in Empire, Nevada has closed, resulting in the small one-company town being abandoned. With her husband having previously died, Fern (FRANCES McDORMAND), now lives out of her van and works seasonal and odd jobs to earn enough money to pay for gas and food.
She ends up learning how to be a nomad from Bob Wells (BOB WELLS) and fellow nomads such as her new friends Linda May (LINDA MAY) and Swankie (SWANKIE). She also meets Dave (DAVID STRATHAIRN), another nomad who takes a liking to her, although her feelings for him don't extend beyond occasionally bumping into him in various locales. As Fern continues her journeys, she must come to grips with her past and her future.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might show some interest, but that's likely it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some full nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.