(2020) (Dave Bautista, Chloe Coleman) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Comedy: A tough-as-nails CIA operative has his cover blown by a precocious 9-year-old girl who blackmails him into teaching her the secrets of his trade.
J.J. (DAVE BAUTISTA) is a tough-as-nails CIA operative who botches an assignment in Ukraine to thwart terrorists from getting their hands on a weapon of mass destruction. His failure draws the ire of his boss, David Kim (KEN JEONG). J.J. is shamed and demoted, with only his fellow operative, the tech-savvy Bobbi (KRISTEN SCHAAL), believing he is still an elite agent.
J.J. gets a second chance when he is assigned to stake out a mother, Kate (PARISA FITZ-HENLEY) and her 9-year-old daughter, Sophie (CHLOE COLEMAN), in Chicago. The woman's brother, Victor (GREG BRYK), is the international criminal J.J. was supposed to bring down earlier. But he has since gone off the grid, with teams of intelligence operatives dispatched around the globe to try and root him out. J.J. sees the assignment as further humiliation, believing there is no chance the man will try and make contact with his family.
Meanwhile, Chloe is whip-smart for her age and discovers the hidden cameras J.J. and Bobbi have placed in her and her mom's apartment. It's not long before she is able to find the two CIA agents also. She blackmails J.J. into becoming her mentor, teaching her the secrets of the spy game in return for not ratting him and Bobbi out. J.J. comes to care for both the girl and Kate, makes friends with a gay couple named Carlos and Todd (DEVERE ROGERS and NOAH DALTON DANBY, respectively) in the building, and generally comes to enjoy the low-key nature of his assignment. But all of that is thrown in jeopardy when Victor does indeed resurface in the Windy City and comes calling.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Even with the PG-13 rating, some elementary- and middle-school age kids will likely want to see this because of Bautista and the young female lead.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For action/violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.