(2020) (Milla Jovovich, Tony Jaa) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: An Army Ranger joins forces with a primitive hunter in an alternate world to battle the enormous monsters that live there.
Captain Artemis (MILLA JOVOVICH) is an Army ranger who's leading a squadron -- consisting of Lincoln (TIP "T.I." HARRIS), Marshall (DIEGO BONETA), Dash (MEAGAN GOOD), and Steeler (JOSH HELMAN) -- in search of another Army squadron that mysteriously vanished without a trace. They soon learn why as they're quickly overcome by an immense storm that sends them through some sort of dimensional portal to a desert world. There, they find the remains of the missing squadron, but also a gargantuan monster that's seemingly immune to their firepower and quickly makes waste of them.
Able to escape from a nest teeming with huge spider-like monsters, Artemis ends up the lone survivor and eventually finds a graveyard of wrecked schooners from long ago. There, she runs into a primitive man, the Hunter (TONY JAA), who initially views her as an enemy and vice-versa. But they quickly realize -- despite not speaking the other's tongue -- they must team up to survive the monster attacks, eventually running into The Admiral (RON PERLMAN) who knows the lay of the land, much like the Hunter.
Facing an even more deadly monster, they do what they can to fend off that fire-breathing dragon, all while Artemis hopes to get back to the portal to return to her world.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of the video game of the same name, monster movies, or anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of creature action and violence throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.