(2020) (Steven Yuen, Yeri Han) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Korean family moves from California to Arkansas where the father hopes to start a thriving farm which puts a strain, along with other issues, on the various members.
It's the 1980s and Jacob Yi (STEVEN YUEN) has moved his family -- wife Monica (YERI HAN), daughter Anne (NOEL KATE CHO) and her younger brother David (ALAN S. KIM) -- from California to Arkansas in hopes of creating a better life for them in America. But Monica isn't impressed by the remote old double-wide trailer they're going to call home or Jacob's plan to start a farm, grow Korean vegetables, and sell them to the increasing number of Korean immigrants in the area. Undeterred, he gets assistance from local farmhand Paul (WILL PATTON), but must work alongside his wife at the local hatchery sexing chickens to make ends meet.
With David having a heart murmur and the kids needing someone to watch them while the parents work, Monica's mom, Soonja (YUH JONG YUON), arrives on the farm to help. But with Jacob throwing everything into his farming plan, that and other matters end up putting a strain on his marriage and the family overall.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Most probably will not.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements and a rude gesture.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.