(2020) (Kristin Scott Thomas, Sharon Horgan) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: Two wives of British officers serving in the war in Afghanistan vie for control of the women's choir they've created.
With the British involvement in the war in Afghanistan, it's time for the soldiers of Flitcroft military base to head off for a six-month tour, leaving their spouses behind. With her husband's recent promotion, Lisa (SHARON HORGAN) is now in charge of social activities for the wives at the base, all while trying to keep her 15-year-old daughter, Frankie (INDIA AMARTEIFIO), in line. But Kate (KRISTIN SCOTT THOMAS), the wife of Richard (GREG WISE), the commanding officer, believes she needs to fill that need of coordinating social events.
When a knitting club goes nowhere, Kate takes the suggestion from young bride Sarah (AMY JAMES-KELLY) that they start a choir to keep themselves busy. While various women such as Annie (EMMA LOWNDES) and Maz (LAURA CHECKLEY) reluctantly agree to participate, tone-deaf hairdresser Ruby (LARA ROSSI) has no such reservations. But the real singer among the bunch is shy Jess (GABY FRENCH), and Kate and Lisa differ in their approach at making her and the rest into a true choir, with Kate preferring a rigid, classical approach, while Lisa is looser and has the ladies singing pop tunes.
With the women always concerned about their loved ones off in harm's way, they practice to become the best that they can, with a surprise performance awaiting them just around the corner.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might if they're fans of anyone in the cast or are into movies about choirs.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some strong language and sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.