<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Tiffany Haddish, Rose Byrne) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two lifelong best friends sell their small, independent makeup business to a global brand and live to regret it.
- Mia (TIFFANY HADDISH) and Mel (ROSE BYRNE) are lifelong best friends, who started a small cosmetics business that operates both a brick-and-mortar storefront and an e-commerce website. Mia is the creative force behind the business, who's come up with various products and promotions. Mel is the more sensible one, who handles the accounting and business side. They have two employees, Barrett (BILLY PORTER) and Sydney (JENNIFER COOLIDGE), and have a lot of fun day in and day out.
Unfortunately, their business is $500,000 in debt and could go under in six months if they don't turn it around. Enter Claire (SALMA HAYEK), a cosmetics industry tycoon who wants to acquire their small company. Mel and Mia negotiate hard, and Claire accepts 49 percent of their company. But she puts a clause in the contract that if Mel or Mia quit the firm, she will get a controlling stake of 51 percent. So, she and her loyal assistant (KARAN SONI) plot to drive a wedge between the two best friends.
Fortunately for them, Mel and Mia have differing definitions of success. They also have three close female friends Kim, Angela, and Jill (ARI GRAYNOR, JESSICA ST. CLAIR, and NATASHA ROTHWELL) who appear to have all of the things they lack -- wealth, husbands, and babies. At the same time, Claire has acquired a rival small cosmetics firm run by two men named Greg and Rob (RYAN HANSEN and JIMMY O. YANG) who she also pits against Mel and Mia.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to the film's raunchy humor and two leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, crude sexual material, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.