(2020) (Diane Lane, Kevin Costner) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A grandmother is determined to bring her grandson back home after the boy's new stepfather takes him and his mother off to live with his family.
It's the 1960s and Margaret (DIANE LANE) and George Blackledge (KEVIN COSTNER) are still grieving over the accidental death of their 25-year-old son, James (RYAN BRUCE), a few years back. Now making matters worse, the young man's widow, Lorna (KAYLIE CARTER), has married the less-than-upstanding Donnie Weboy (WILLIAM BRITTAIN) who's decided to take her and his young stepson, Jimmy (OTTO & BRAM HORNUNG), from Montana to North Dakota to live with his family.
Despite having no legal standing, Margaret isn't going to idly stand by and thus makes the ultimatum that she's going to travel there and bring her grandson back home, something that doesn't sit well with George, what with him being a former career lawman.
Nonetheless, and to keep her safe, he goes along for the trip, hoping that given the chance to see that their grandson is okay she'll change her mind. Along the way, they end up meeting Native American loner Peter Dragswolf (BOOBOO STEWART) who knows of the Weboy clan and warns the grandparents that they better be careful.
After meeting Donnie's friendly but somewhat creepy uncle, Bill (JEFFREY DONOVAN), they head off to the home of the clan's matriarch, Blanche (LESLEY MANVILLE), who doesn't take kindly to the visit or Margaret's attitude. From that point on, it's unclear how far the two women will go to retain or retake custody of the young boy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, particularly if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.