(2020) (Evan Rachel Wood, Richard Jenkins) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A young woman joins a family of grifters who con and steal from others.
Robert (RICHARD JENKINS) and Theresa Dyne (DEBRA WINGER) are lifelong grifters who make a living conning and stealing from others. But they aren't that good at it and thus repeatedly try to avoid their landlord over their long-overdue rent.
They've even had their now 26-year-old daughter, the oddly named Old Dolio (EVAN RACHEL WOOD), in on their cons since she was little. Their latest ploy is to book roundtrip airline tickets with travel insurance and then pretend that Old Dolio's luggage never arrived back home.
Not the brightest mind, Robert informs the passenger seated next to him on the plane, Melanie (GINA RODRIGUEZ), of their plan and she immediately wants in on that and later action. But with Robert and Theresa having never given Old Dolio anything resembling a normal childhood or any sort of love, that begins to wear on her, prompting Melanie to want to take care of her...and more.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some sexual references/language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.