(2020) (KJ Apa, Britt Robertson) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A college couple calls on their faith as they contend with the young woman's cancer diagnosis.
It's the late 1990s and Jeremy Camp (KJ APA) is an aspiring singer/songwriter who's left his mom, Terry (SHANIA TWAIN), dad, Tom (GARY SINISE), and younger brothers in Indiana to attend college at Calgary Chapel in California. When Jeremy meets alumnus and professional musician Jean-Luc (NATHAN PARSONS) and ends up working backstage at one of his concerts, the freshman thinks his fortunes have changed in ways he couldn't have imagined. And then he sets sights on classmate Melissa Henning (BRITT ROBERTSON) in the crowd at the concert and he's instantly smitten.
The two become fast friends verging on something more, but Melissa is reluctant as she knows that Jean-Luc is likewise romantically interested in her, although the feeling isn't mutual in that regard. But that becomes the least of her concerns when she's diagnosed with cancer, all of which draws her and Jeremy closer. As they contend with that unexpected development, they lean heavily on their faith to get them through it.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of anyone in the cast or who are into faith-based movies might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.