(2020) (Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr.) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A look at the life and times of Alexander Hamilton and his contemporaries.
It's 1776 and 19-year-old immigrant Alexander Hamilton (LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA) arrives in New York, with his rhetorical reputation preceding him. He meets other hopeful revolutionaries against the British rule of King George (JONATHAN GROFF) including Aaron Burr (LESLIE ODEOM JR.) with whom he develops a competitive relationship. That's heightened when General George Washington (CHRISTOPHER JACKSON) chooses him as his right-hand man, although Alexander longs for a military regiment of his own. What he does get is a relationship with Eliza Schuyler (PHILLIPA SOO) after her sister, Angelica (RENEE ELISE GOLDSBERRY), introduces them.
After the revolution, Alexander's adversarial relationship with Aaron continues as the new country begins to take shape, with Thomas Jefferson (DAVEED DIGGS) returning from France and becoming Secretary of State, while Alexander has the job of Secretary of the Treasury handed to him by newly-elected President Washington. Even later, and with his son, Philip (SYDNEY JAMES HARCOURT), following in his footsteps, Alexander continues to serve his country all while facing political opponents and personal controversy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the Broadway musical (or have heard the buzz about it) they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and some suggestive material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.