(2020) (Tom Hanks, Stephen Graham) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- War Drama/Action: A newly assigned captain tries to protect a convoy of ships heading across the North Atlantic from waiting German U-boats.
It's 1942 and newly assigned Captain Ernest Krause (TOM HANKS) has the command of the USS Keeling, a.k.a. Greyhound, one of four Fletcher Class Destroyers deployed to protect a convoy of thirty-seven Allied ships heading across the North Atlantic toward Liverpool.
With air support unavailable in the middle of the trip known as "the black pit," Ernest along with his crew -- that includes XO Charlie Cole (STEPHEN GRAHAM), navigator Lt. Watson (TOM BRITTNEY), sonar operator Epstein (KARL CLUSMAN), and crewmate Bushnell (CHET HANKS), among many others -- must keep a watchful ear and eye for German U-boats patrolling the waters, while steward Cleveland (ROB MORGAN) tries to keep the captain fed.
As the 50-hour duration of the lack of air support slowly ticks by, Ernest must use all of his training, smarts and instinct to find and sink the subs all while being a target themselves.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into WWII action movies or who are fans of Hanks or anyone else in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For war-related action/violence and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.