(2020) (Tom Hanks, Stephen Graham) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- War Drama/Action: A newly assigned captain tries to protect a convoy of ships heading across the North Atlantic from waiting German U-boats.
It's 1942 and newly assigned Captain Ernest Krause (TOM HANKS) has the command of the USS Keeling, a.k.a. Greyhound, one of four Fletcher Class Destroyers deployed to protect a convoy of thirty-seven Allied ships heading across the North Atlantic toward Liverpool.
With air support unavailable in the middle of the trip known as "the black pit," Ernest along with his crew -- that includes XO Charlie Cole (STEPHEN GRAHAM), navigator Lt. Watson (TOM BRITTNEY), sonar operator Epstein (KARL CLUSMAN), and crewmate Bushnell (CHET HANKS), among many others -- must keep a watchful ear and eye for German U-boats patrolling the waters, while steward Cleveland (ROB MORGAN) tries to keep the captain fed.
As the 50-hour duration of the lack of air support slowly ticks by, Ernest must use all of his training, smarts and instinct to find and sink the subs all while being a target themselves.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into WWII action movies or who are fans of Hanks or anyone else in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For war-related action/violence and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.