(2020) (Gerard Butler, Morena Baccarin) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: An estranged husband and wife try to find each other and protect their son while racing to an Air Force base shelter to survive a planet-killing comet impact.
John Garrity (GERARD BUTLER) is a structural engineer who's currently estranged from his wife, Allison (MORENA BACCARIN), due to his infidelity. But she's allowing him back into their home -- and to be with their 7-year-old son, Nathan (ROGER DALE FLOYD) -- for a party, albeit with him sleeping in a guest room. But that's interrupted when what was initially forecast to be just an interesting celestial spectacle -- fragments of a comet hitting Earth's atmosphere -- takes a turn for the worse, with John and his family being selected for shelter at an Air Force base.
With those fragments now striking Earth -- and destroying an American city -- John, Allison, and Nathan hit the road, unaware that their son's need for insulin will impact their ability to continue, and they end up being separated with the plan being to meet at the farmhouse owned by her father, Dale (SCOTT GLENN). With time running out before an extinction-level impact kills most animal and plant life on Earth, John and Allison do what they must to protect their son and get to the shelter before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of disaster movies or anyone in the cast they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of disaster action, some violence, bloody images, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.