(2020) (Brenton Thwaites, Skylar Astin) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Assigned to protect a French chateau once occupied by Nazis, five American G.I.s soon discover the place is haunted.
It's 1944 and American G.I. Chris (BRENTON THWAITES) and his small squad -- consisting of Eugene (SKYLAR ASTIN), Tappert (KYLE GALLNER), Kirk (THEO ROSSI), and Butchie (ALAN RITCHSON) -- have been assigned to relieve another military crew in protecting a French chateau previously held by the Nazis who've since been driven out. The soldiers think it's going to be a cakewalk assignment, but note the eagerness and speed of their predecessors in getting out of the place.
And that's because they soon learn -- via small things that get progressively hairier -- that it's haunted, apparently by the family that owned the place before the Nazis tortured and killed them. With no support expected, the American soldiers must not only contend with the possibility of Nazis unexpectedly showing up, but also the supernatural events that get worse as the days wear on.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror movies, WWII pics and/or anyone in the cast, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, disturbing and grisly images, language and brief nude images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.