<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Kathryn Newton, Vince Vaughn) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror Comedy: A teenage girl has 24 hours to reverse an ancient Aztec curse that's caused her to switch bodies with a hulking serial killer.
Things aren't going great for high school senior Millie Kessler (KATHRYN NEWTON). While she has good friends in classmates Nyla (CELESTE O'CONNOR) and Josh (MISHA OSHEROVICH) and has a boy, Booker (URIAH SHELTON), who seems interested in her, she must contend with bullies of both genders at school and a mom at home, Coral (KATIE FINNERNAN), who's still reeling from her husband's death a year ago. While Millie has put her life on hold to support her mom, her cop sister, Charlene (DANA DRORI), has a strained relationship with their mom, especially regarding the latter's drinking.
But that seems like nothing compared to what happens next. And that's an encounter of The Butcher of Blissfield (VINCE VAUGHN), long believed to be just a longstanding rumor, but who turns out to be a very real serial killer. When he tries to murder Millie with an ancient Aztec dagger he's recently acquired, his aim is off and he only wounds her. But due to the spell on that dagger, they end up switching bodies in the middle of the night. Suddenly the killer finds himself in a teenage girl's body while she finds herself stuck in the hulking body of the maniac.
With just 24 hours before the body-switching curse becomes permanent, Millie tries to convince her scared friends that it's really her, all while The Butcher bemoans being stuck in a weaker body, but likes the fact that he now has the perfect cover to continue his murder spree.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror-comedies they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody horror violence, sexual content, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.