(2020) (Mel Gibson, Walton Goggins) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Black Comedy: After receiving a lump of coal for Christmas, a disgruntled rich kid hires a hitman to kill Santa.
Having performed their duties over dozens if not hundreds of years or longer, Chris (MEL GIBSON) and Ruth (MARIANNE JEAN-BAPTISTE) know a thing or two about Christmas, what with being Santa and Mrs. Claus. Operating out of the Arctic Circle town of North Peak, their elf-run factory churns out the gifts and Chris delivers all of them, but that number has dwindled recently.
And that's because being the all-seeing figure he is, Chris realizes more kids than ever have been bad or naughty and thus has only delivered lumps of coal to them. But considering he's paid by the Feds for the number of gifts he delivers -- thus spurring on the domestic economy -- revenue is down and he and Ruth are having a hard time making ends meet. Thus, he's considering accepting an offer by the U.S. military to have his elves build fighter jet control panels under the direction of Captain Jacobs (ROBERT BOCKSTAEL) and his men.
All of which has left Chris in anything but the Christmas spirit And that's about to get worse considering that one of those kids who received coal this year -- rich, spoiled brat Billy Wenan (CHANCE HURSTFIELD) who's used to getting his way -- has hired his favorite hitman, Jonathan Miller, a.k.a. the Skinny Man (WALTER GOGGINS), to track down and kill Santa.
With a grudge against St. Nick stemming from a bad childhood, the assassin gladly accepts the job and has no problem leaving a wake of bodies in his deadly quest as he tries to track down the formerly jolly but now dour "fatman."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The Santa angle might draw in younger kids, but this isn't a film for them.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For bloody violence, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.