(2020) (Michael Peņa, Maggie Q) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Guests at a tropical resort find their fantasies twisted in horrific ways.
There exists an island somewhere in the tropics where guests pay money to have their fantasies brought to life by the owner of the resort, Mr. Roarke (MICHAEL PEŅA); his assistant, Julia (PARISA FITZ-HENLEY); and a small staff. Among the latest guests is Gwen Olsen (MAGGIE Q) who wants a fresh start in life due to two major regrets from her past. Cop Patrick Sullivan (AUSTIN STOWELL) always dreamed of being a military man like his late father, Lieutenant Sullivan (MIKE VOGEL), and thus would like to serve for a short while.
Having been bullied in school by Sloane Maddison (PORTIA DOUBLEDAY), Melanie Cole (LUCY HALE) would like to get revenge on her. And simply looking for party-based fun, step-brothers JD Weaver (RYAN HANSEN) and Brax Weaver (JIMMY O. YANG) are just looking for a good, randy time with others.
Observing them is a private investigator, Damon (MICHAEL ROOKER), who's been stuck on the island for a while after having initially tried to figure out how Roarke makes such fantasies come true. And it's not long before the newcomers learn that there's truth to their host informing them that fantasies usually don't work out as desired.
That includes Gwen suddenly finding herself as a wife and mother; Patrick running into his father; JD and Brax having their fun interrupted by gun-toting, masked intruders; and Melanie ending up having to save Sloane from a sadistic torturer, Dr. Torture (IAN ROBERTS), who wants to do her harm.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The Blumhouse horror angle might draw in some who are fans of their low-budget horror movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, terror, drug content, suggestive material and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.