<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2020) (Chris Hemsworth, Rudhraksh Jaiswal) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A mercenary attempts to rescue a high profile criminal's teenage son who's been kidnapped by a rival drug lord.
Ovi Mahajan Jr. (RUDHRAKSH JAISWAL) is the teenage son of a powerful criminal (PANKAJ TRIPATHI) who's currently in prison in Mumbai. Despite having a plethora of bodyguards led by Saju (RANDEEP HOODA), Ovi is nonetheless a high profile target for his father's rivals. And when the boy sneaks out for an evening of fun with his friends, men posing as cops working for drug lord Amir Asif (PRIYANSHU PAINYULI) kill one of them and kidnap Ovi.
His father orders Saju to steal the boy back, but at the same time, a group of high-tech mercenaries who specialize in such matters is also hired to rescue the boy. And the lead for that is Tyler Rake (CHRIS HEMSWORTH) a former military man turned highly efficient but troubled soldier of fortune. Arriving in the crowded city of Dhaka, Bangladesh where Asif operates, Tyler sets out to extract the boy with the help of his associates including Nik Khan (GOLSHIFTEH FARAHANI).
But it turns out freeing the boy from his kidnappers is the easy part, what with Asif controlling the police and parts of the military and thus shutting down all ways out of the city, while also employing kids such as teenager Farhad (SURAJ RIKAME) to find the mercenary. With help from his former fellow soldier, Gaspar (DAVID HARBOUR), Tyler goes into survival mode as things continue to turn sideways for him and his goal.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into hard-hitting, R-rated action films (or are fans of Chris "Thor" Hemsworth) they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence throughout, language and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.