(2020) (Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: After surviving a close call with an avalanche where the husband ran off to save himself and left his wife and kids to fend for themselves, a couple's marriage is put to the test.
Billie (JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS) and Pete (WILL FERRELL) are an American couple doing a ski vacation in the Alps with their boys, Finn (JULIAN GREY) and Emerson (AMMON JACOB FORD). Billie is a bit perturbed that Pete seems obsessed with checking the social postings of his work colleague, Zach (ZACH WOODS), and his girlfriend, Rosie (ZOE CHAO), while Finn and Emerson really don't seem to be having fun.
Things really change when a controlled avalanche gets too close for comfort and part of it covers an outside restaurant deck where Billie, Pete and the boys are having lunch. Acting instinctively, Pete grabs his phone and runs, leaving Billie and their sons to fend for themselves.
No one ends up hurt, but Pete's actions --and lies about what happened -- don't sit well with Billie who finally has it out with him in front of Zach and Rosie who Pete has invited over, much to Billie's surprise. The following morning, Billie wants a day to herself, and the resort's outspoken concierge, Charlotte (MIRANDA OTTO) -- perhaps sensing Billie's dissatisfaction in her marriage -- arranges a private ski lesson with the handsome Guglielmo (GIULIO BERRUTI), while Pete ends up drinking with Zach.
As the next few days wear on, Billie and Pete's relationship ends up strained, with both unsure of how things will turn out.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some older teens might have some interest, especially if they're fans of Louis-Dreyfus and/or Ferrell.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexual material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.