(2020) (Nasim Pedrad, Lamorne Morris) (Not Rated)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A desperate woman and her two best friends travel to Mexico in hopes of deleting the mean email they drunkenly sent to her new boyfriend who they incorrectly believed was ghosting her.
Things have been better for 37-year-old Wesley Darya (NASIM PEDRAD), despite having two best friends in Brooke Barnes (ANNA CAMP) -- whose husband has cheated on her -- and Kaylie Mills (SARAH BURNS) who's desperately trying to get pregnant. Not only is Wesley an unemployed guidance counselor, but her ex is now engaged to another woman while she's not dating anyone.
She hopes that might change on a blind date set up by Kaylie's husband, but Wesley and architect Sean McGuire (LAMORNE MORRIS) definitely do not hit it off. Moments after he calls off that date over them seeming incompatible, she trips, knocks herself out, and awakens to sports agent Jared Sterling (ROBBIE AMELL) who sweeps her off her feet.
She wins him over by acting completely unlike her normal self and they end up sleeping together, but then she doesn't hear from him for days. Thinking he's ghosting her, she, Brooke, and Kaylie drunkenly write an angry email to him, unaware that he's been in a coma for the past few days following a car accident in Mexico.
Realizing their fledgling relationship will be ruined by that email, Wesley convinces her friends to fly from L.A. to Cabo, find his phone or laptop, and erase that message before he ever sees it. But they soon discover that their plan is going to end up more complicated than they imagined.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: Not Rated
- The film is the equivalent of an R for language and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.